Thursday, April 28, 2005

Who am I?

Ok, so now that I know to use this thing, a little bit about myself.

I recently graduated from UT-Austin with a Bachelors in Computer Science. After a brief two-week journey to Australia (a graduation gift from my parents), I moved to Dallas and started working for a software development company and have been here for about a year.

And what a year it has been. I never realized how difficult it would be to pick up everything and start over in a new city. People would ask me in college where I wanted to work, and everyone sort of assumed that I would stay in Austin. (I had lived there since I was like 2). I told everyone that the location didn't matter, and that I was looking forward to a new environment.

At first, though, Dallas was sort of bewildering since I didn't have the motivation or desire to explore my surroundings. I was so used to where everything was in Austin, and how to get from A to B that it was second-nature. But in Dallas, I had no idea where anything was, so I got lost quite frequently which sort of made me not want to leave my apartment.

I have seen more of the city since those first months, and think I have gotten to the comfort level of where I was in Austin. I still don't like the city though, and definitely prefer Austin.

No comments: