Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Surf's Up!

I went grocery shopping today at Wal-Mart in Garland.

So, I'm gettin' my food, and as I pass by the beverage section, I notice something I've never seen in that Wal-Mart before: beer! A little further down, there's an entire aisle of wine (not the good stuff though, cause this is Wal-Mart).

Huh? I thought that Garland was dry...

I'm quite confused, so I look it up online, and what do you know:

Garland Gets Wet

"Since Garland voters passed two ballot measures May 7, businesses have filed 114 applications for alcohol sales permits, according to the Dallas office of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. Some are to sell beer and wine in stores; others are to sell alcohol at restaurants without requiring club memberships.

Voters overwhelmingly approved measures allowing both."

Woohoo, no need to drive to Plano to get the goods anymore...

No comments: