Friday, February 29, 2008

Last Happy Hour

I met my friends for the last happy hour yesterday. Well, my last one anyway. I'm sure they'll still meet up. Although one of my friends said "Why would I ever see you again?" to some others.

It was bittersweet. It felt like a regular happy hour, except for when everyone was leaving and it became apparent that I wouldn't see them again for a very long time, if at all.

I hope to keep in touch with everyone, and several people have already talked about coming up to DC to visit. Plus, my friend is getting married in June and I've been asked to be a groomsman so I'll definitely be back for that.

It was also much longer than normal. We went to a restaurant and then the dueling piano bar and then finally IHOP. I don't know how my working friends made it to work today. I slept until 11.

Oh, and happy hour was that much better knowing that I secured a job in the DC area! More on that later...

No comments: