Thursday, January 01, 2009

hey there, 2009!

Fuck you, 2008.

It's over between us. I really wanted things to work, but you had to go and ruin it. I wish I could use the 'it's not you, it's me' line, but I can't. It really is you. It's all your fault.

Things started out pretty well, and we had some good times during the primaries in the spring and heading into the summer. But why did you have to rack up the gas prices? And why the hell did you let the Chinese get away with so much during the Olympics?

I'll admit that the election was a great night, and I'll never forget it, but why did you have to ruin that moment by creating so many other problems? Our relationship was starting to look up and then you had to create an economic collapse and multiple foreign policy catastrophes within months of each other? You're such a bitch. It's almost like you wanted this to fail from the beginning.

I'm done with you. 2009 may not be perfect, but at least she can't be any worse than you.

No comments: