Saturday, September 17, 2005

No food - Hour 14

Saw "Dancing in the Twilight" yesterday.  A friend of a friend of a friend (a fellow Indian) wrote the screenplay, and the entire movie was shot in Houston.  It started out kinda slow, but once the tone was established, it was a bit easier to follow what was going on.  I kinda predicted the ending about 20 minutes before it happened, but it was still very depressing.  Very well done though: the acting, the directing, the writing.

I think this could be a really great play.  The whole setup seems better suited for a stage than for a movie set.   Nothing in the movie really takes advantage of the fact that it's being filmed.  I wonder if it was originally intended to be a play, but then somehow they got money from a studio to make it into a full feature film and decided to go for it.

Still, I hope this movie does well.  It has a great story, and more people should see it.  Unfortunately, there hasn't been much publicity (I haven't seen any trailers, and the theater was practically empty even though it was opening night).

Afterwards, we went bowling.  I've now been to that bowling alley every week for the past three weeks (2 weeks ago with some co-workers, a week ago for an official company party, and then yesterday).  I started out kinda slow, but ended up with a personal all-time best 136 on my last game. 

Oh, and get this: they have this bizarre "curfew" at the alley, where everyone under the age of 18 has to leave the place at midnight!  I've never heard of such craziness.  Especially since everyone gets incredibly wild and outrageous as soon as the teenagers leave (what with the bar shutting down at midnight as well).

No comments: