Sunday, January 15, 2006

Veronica Mars-athon and drunkenness

A white guy, an Indian guy, and a black guy walk into a bar.......

No, not the beginning of a bad joke; just the start of a pretty memorable weekend ;)

It was the "white" guy's last day at our company, so we decided to all go out for drinks.  Good times.  We've been working pretty late hours for the past two weeks, so it was a nice way to relieve some stress and just kick back and relax.  We went to the bar around 8 pm, and I think we stayed until closing, around 2 am.

The next day, I had to drive to Austin for the Veronica Mars-athon.  I've driven long distances under bad circumstances before - once with no sleep the night before, once after a horrendous day that included allergies, an interview, and a midterm - but driving with a hangover is probably the worst condition possible.  Paying attention to the road, while trying not to vomit on yourself or fall asleep and also trying to ignore the massive headache is just a recipe for a horrible accident.

Finally, I couldn't take it any more, and decided to get some Tylenol.  Ahhh, much better.  The rest of the drive was actually bearable, and best of all, I made it there alive.

The Mars-athon was awesome!  For those of you who don't know, Veronica Mars is a show about a high-school detective (guess her name) who works for her father who's a private investigator. There's lots of suspense and intrigue (who's Veronica's real father? did she get raped by her brother? who killed her best friend?) and the writing is very witty and well-done. It's definitely one of the best shows on TV. 

I really wish the band had played fewer songs so the cast could answer more questions though.  It also would have been nice if the cast had picked out some of their favorite clips instead of just the producer.  And the highlight: at the end of the event, the cast signed autographs and posed for pictures!

If you had told me last fall that I would be in Austin this weekend, literally 2 feet away from Kristen Bell, I would have laughed at you.  And yet, there I was.

Oh, and yeah, Kristen Bell is definitely the new hotness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Sumeet. I can't see any images because I'm viewing your blog in Lynx!! THis is so ghetto.