Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Holidays!

It was nice to get out of town for a couple of weeks.

Spent the first week (from the 21st til the 28th) at my parents' house in Virginia.  Pretty relaxing overall.. saw some family friends that I hadn't seen in like 4 or 5 years, and watched at least 3 or 4 Hindi movies.  My dad's laptop has a DVD burner too, so we made copies of every movie too (even the bad ones). 

For Christmas, my sister and I got my parents a home entertainment audio system. Unfortunately, we couldn't get it to work with their big-screen TV, so they ended up returning it (they said they'd rather get a couch instead).  Christmas was pretty good to me too - I only asked for one gift and got it - the oh-so-sacred ipod.

So then, it was off to New York City.  I ended up staying in 3 different places over the next 4 nights (2 nights at my friend's uncle's house; the next night at his aunt's place, and the last night at his friend's brother's apartment).  I also took every possible form of transportation: ferry, bus, train, subway!  It was a pretty fun trip overall.  Got to meet some new people, see some people I hadn't seen in awhile, and ring in the new year NYC-style!

For New Year's, we went to my sister's place for a pre-pre-party, a high school friend's penthouse suite for the pre-party, the No Idea bar for open bar (including champagne toast at midnight), and finally to a karaoke bar to welcome in 2006.

 

No comments: