Saturday, June 09, 2007

Movies, etc.

"No one's been in here all night. We have everything."
"Then why did we come here?"
"I don't know. Why did you?"

"Don't worry. I haven't had time to spit in your food."
-------
Wow, I've seen a lot of movies the last couple of weeks. This week I saw Spider-Man 3 and Ocean's 13. Last week it was Pirates 3. Somehow all the studios timed it perfectly so that this summer is all about the sequels. And not just the second in the series. It's always the 3rd (Spider-Man, Shrek, Pirates, Ocean's, Rush Hour). Except, of course, for Harry Potter, which I believe is on movie #5.

I also rented The Godfather and Goodfellas since I'd heard a lot about them and they're supposedly two of the best movies ever made. I dunno if I agree with that assessment, but they were pretty good.

I also watched Labyrinth (a fantasy movie about this girl trying to find her brother in a labyrinth) after my friend recommended it. I didn't get what was so great about it. Well, except for Jennifer Connelly, and she was like 15 in the movie.
------
Oh, I guess I should explain the quote. We went to eat after Ocean's 13 yesterday and got to the restaurant at like 10 or so. Obviously, the staff was not very happy since they had probably been working all night and just wanted to go home.

So our waitress didn't try and hide that fact at all. It probably had a lot to do with our group, but she couldn't even take our orders with a straight face.

I can see how a lot of people might be irritated by someone like that, but I thought her attitude was great. She had spunk, she had moxie. It was kinda hot.
------
On a more somber note, my uncle's cancer has returned and he had surgery again yesterday. Thankfully, everything went well and his condition exceeded even the doctor's expectations.

No comments: