Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Birthday Woes

My birthday sucked this year.

Last year, 20+ people celebrated with me. This year, more than half of them probably didn't even remember that it was my birthday (or just forgot about me entirely).

Facebook wall posts on your birthday seem to be the new measuring stick of popularity. Even if you never talk to most of your Facebook friends, everyone seems to come out of the woodwork to wish you a happy birthday. Well, I noticed that although I got some wall posts (thanks everyone who posted!), no white people. Curious.

I also only got one real gift this year (but it was an awesome one!). Sure, I didn't get too many the last couple of years, but at least I had the company of a lot of my close friends so I didn't really notice.

Don't get me wrong. I really appreciate that my sister and my friend in Delaware both went out of their way to make the day special. I just wish that certain other people would have remembered too.

No comments: