Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Try and keep up

The movers finally came on Friday. The only thing I really missed was my clothes.. I had 3 suitcases and 2.5 boxes full of them (is that too many for a guy?).

Oh, and of course, the evil eye. I put it above my bed tonight so things will be good now.
-----------
My birthday will be a lot more chill (aka not as fun) this year compared to the last few years. Those were probably my favorite nights in Dallas since it was all about me and my friends tried their hardest to come out even if they didn't come out normally. My friend in Delaware is driving down on Friday night though so it'll still be memorable.

My other friend in Dallas came up last weekend to celebrate his birthday so now I know at least a couple fun areas in DC. It didn't come easily though. There's one corner where there's like 4 or 5 clubs literally next door to each other (and where I randomly saw the one family friend I know in the area) and then another club on the other side of town. So we tried to find the corner again from the crosstown bar and somehow ended up on the gayest block in the gay neighborhood. After getting a drink at the one bar where the male waitstaff didn't grope us, we asked around and made it to an area that has a 6th Street vibe to it. Unfortunately, it was already 3am and everything was closing, but I'm definitely going back there.
----------
The slutty blonde on American Idol was voted off today (I missed the episode partly because of the Democratic debate and partly because I can't stand Mariah Carey). I think her attitude did her in. She was ready to be knocked off on every show. I liked Simon's comment in an earlier episode that she was like musical wallpaper - it's there, you just don't really notice it.

The Australian tattooed hottie is really lucky she survived. Her performance last night was terrible. And why was she so happy after her song? She couldn't stop smiling. It was kinda eerie.

No comments: