Monday, July 11, 2005

Dentists Suck

It's true.  They do.

Nurse 1: Is this the cavitron?
Nurse 2: I've never used one before.
Me: (thinking) This is good.

Nurse 1: And now your chair will go up. <pushes a button and the chair goes down>
Me: (thinking) Um.. is it that hard to get a nurse who knows how to operate the cavitron and the chair?

Nurse 1: And now we'll be using this tooth polisher.
<pushes a button and the instrument next to the polisher starts vibrating>
Nurse 1: What's going on?
Me: (thinking) Yeah, good question.  Does anyone in the room know what's going on?

Ugh.. well luckily, I'm still alive and still have all my teeth (I think).

But I am really puffy all around my mouth area (they decided it would be a good idea to apply an anesthetic).  They said it would wear off after 2-3 hours and not to have any solid foods, cause then I might bite my cheeks and it would hurt like a bitch (my words, not theirs) after it wore off.  I guess this is what Botox feels like, except all the time.

Oh, and they charged me $80, even though last time it was free, and they did the exact same thing as last time!  Whatever, I don't get it.  The sad part is, it isn't over.  They want me to get my wisdom teeth removed too... which probably means more anesthetic, more puffiness. 

I know they had places in Austin that would put you under "experimental" drugs and actually pay you to extract your wisdom teeth.  Does anyone know if there's anything like that here?  I was telling the receptionist at the dentist's office about it, and he seemed highly skeptical of the whole idea.

Dentists suck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you should try my dentist. I came out with 4 cavities and they still made me feel like everything was great. =) Plus, the dentist gave me 2 shots before I even realized I was going to get any shots. The only reason I knew was I saw him putting the needles away.