Sunday, May 14, 2006

Flying!

I flew a plane on Saturday!  Ok, well didn't really fly it, but I did get to do the takeoff and steered it for a bit in the air.

I've been meaning to take lessons for awhile, and this was the introductory lesson where they take you up and show you what it's all about.

It was a really fun trip, and I would still like to do it, but I'm a little hesitant since it's pretty expensive (over $4k) and would take a lot of time (2-3 lessons a week).  Also, what happens if I just completely suck at it and am not able to grasp everything that's needed right away? It means even more time and money.. Yikes.

We tried Sunset Lounge in downtown Dallas on Saturday night.  It was a pretty nice place: good women-to-men ratio, and tons of attractive females.  It turned out to be too middle ground for everyone though.  Some people wanted an actual club where there was a dance floor, others wanted a place where they could play pool.  It also ended up being really expensive ($6 for a mixed drink; $4 for a Bud Light).  Good to know that there's a place like that though.

No comments: