Saturday, May 27, 2006

Surreal Weekend: Night 1

First of all, an update on the last post.  I mentioned that our cute waitress had given some of us her contact info.  Well, after reflecting on the evening, I realize that she wasn't cute so much as smoking hot.  Also, she got the contact info of a female coworker.

Well, the waitress called the coworker Thursday night and let her know that she had successfully gotten her job back at the venue!  Woohoo! I was worried we would have to find some new venue and some new hot waitress to lust after. But it looks like that won't be necessary.

Yeah, so the "surreal" part of the weekend really started with the happy hour.

Friday night, my sister came into town and we went to dinner at Cosmic Cafe in downtown Dallas (along with a few of my coworkers).  I find it interesting when my friends meet my sister just to see their reactions.  Normally, people say that we're complete opposites.  I was a little surprised that my friends said I wasn't a quiet person.  Also, my sister and I apparantly talk very quickly and have "100 mph conversations."

The post-dinner plans were to "go out" somewhere.  Unfortunately, the place wasn't decided ahead of time, and it was still pretty early so we couldn't go directly to the bar/club/lounge.  So we ended up driving all the way up to Plano where everyone else was staying, since they hadn't eaten and my sister still needed to get ready. 

I went back to my ex-coworker's apartment where my friends went.   There was plenty of alcohol but not enough other liquid to make mixed drinks, so some of them made a run to the grocery store.  Their list: 1) milk, 2) OJ, 3) UNO cards.  Little did the cashier know the great fun that lay ahead.  They couldn't find the UNO cards though, so we ended up playing a mini-game of poker instead.

By the time everyone was ready to go out, it was close to 12:30am.  The bars close at 2am.  After much confusion, we ended up partying at the "hospitality suite" in the hotel.

Oh, so to close out the night, we went to IHOP.  When we were leaving, guess who we see in the parking lot? Our waitress from Wednesday!  No, no, not the cute/smoking hot waitress who hung out with us, the one who actually served us.  Isn't that crazy?  What are the odds? The weird thing is that my coworker placed her perfectly.  I recognized her face but wouldn't have been able to say from where.

No comments: