Sunday, November 19, 2006

Karaoke and Moving (on the same day!)

Helped a friend move into a new apartment yesterday. I realized how much of a snotty, pretentious person I've become when we pulled up to the place and the first thing I thought was, I can't believe he'll be associating with these types of people.

Seriously, though, he'll be living in the middle of the ghetto. If someone were to say, "Hey, meet me in the ghetto," people would go to his apartment complex first. The important thing is that he seemed to be happy with it, and it met the conditions he was looking for (cheap rent, close to everything he needs, free yoga and meditation classes).

Moving took far longer than anyone anticipated. We started around noon and didn't finish until like 5pm. Crazy. Part of it was because we had to make multiple trips, since we only had an SUV and not a full-size UHaul.

In the evening (2 hours after we finished the move), we had karaoke at another friend's place. If there was ever any doubt of how bad a singer I am, there's now a video game (Karaoke Revolution on the PS2) which quantifies it. Yes, you're lousy. But not just kinda lousy. 75% lousy, 22% poor, and 3% ok.

It was still a really fun night. I think if I practiced a little more, I could be alright at the game. It was great to see some people who haven't come to hang out in awhile too (yeah, they're co-workers who I see everyday, but it's different seeing them outside of work).

1 comment:

Dan said...

It was an awesome day.

Thanks again for helping me move!