Monday, November 13, 2006

Unmemorable

I'm always surprised when strangers remember me. I try to keep a low profile when I first meet people.
--
"Hey, do you remember <some name> from that dinner several months ago? Cause she remembers you."
Really? She remembers me? It was only a couple of hours and I hardly said a word.
--
"One of them remembered you. She asked me, 'weren't you with that really drunk Indian guy who was belting Britney Spears?'"
Well, that's embarrassing. I'll probably never see that person again, and that's the only memory she'll have of me. That was a fun night though. Karaoke in NYC to ring in 2006.
--
Women seem to remember everyone they meet, no matter how brief the conversation is or how long it's been since they've seen the person. Men have a much more selective memory. Personally, I tend to remember the hot girls (by "hot", I mean personality-wise since I'm not shallow) or people that I have conversations with.

No comments: