Sunday, November 04, 2007

Long-ass weekend (one fear gone!)

I feel like everything from Friday night until now has just been one extended day.

I went to a friend's networking event right after work on Friday. I didn't realize there would be games and organized events so I got there late and missed out on most of it. Oh well - I still had the hookup for the free food and drinks. ;)

The bar comped all the drinks for the event so they were way under budget. Everyone who stuck around decided that we needed to make up for the difference by getting more drinks! My friend joined us later to help us drink and the two of us decided to hit up some other spots after everyone else left.

I won't say much more about the night, other than it ended on a high note (and it wasn't at the place with the $10 cover). Oh, and I should NEVER be allowed to use my phone when I've been drinking. I made some stupid phone calls and embarrassing text messages that I'd rather forget.

I got home around 3am and had to meet a group of people in about 8 hours to go to Six Flags. Yikes.

I finally overcame my fear of roller coasters! I was deathly afraid of them before Saturday - I blame my parents who never rode them and never made either me or my sister ride them either.

Maybe it was the fact that there weren't any lines (since my friend's company had the park reserved), or the fact that my friends were very reassuring and not being mean about it, or perhaps the fact that I was forced to stand in line with them for the Batman ride so I didn't have to wait by myself. Whatever it was, I decided to just get on the ride so they would stop harassing me.

Surprisingly, it was a lot of fun and way less scary than it appears when watching from the ground.

We rode almost all of the major roller coasters in the park. My favorite was probably Mr. Freeze (it does the entire ride forward, goes into a vertical, and then does the entire thing backward!) or Shockwave (two back-to-back vertical loops). I also liked the Titan - it has this ridiculous 200+ foot drop at the beginning, but after that it's pretty fun.

I still get really scared on dips, scream like a little girl and can't raise my arms, but at least I'll ride roller coasters now. One step at a time.

Geez, this post is long (and probably incredibly boring since I've left out the most interesting parts ;). I'll just finish by saying I won $14 (140%) at the post-Six Flags poker game. A tout a l'heure!

No comments: