Friday, January 18, 2008

2 weeks

I finished Water for Elephants (great book!) and rented Hot Fuzz (funnier than Shaun of the Dead!) and Smokin ' Aces (not even worth a free rental!).

Redbox is the coolest thing ever - especially when they keep sending free rental codes. I've spent a total of $2 to watch 2 movies, and that's only cause we were snowed in yesterday and couldn't return it on time. I'm thinking of getting another movie today, so that'd be 3 movies for $2. I'm also going to get American Psycho from the library.

My mom watches this Indian soap opera everyday, and I'm kinda getting hooked. It's pretty cheesy, but it's not any worse than say, Gossip Girl (which is a great show). To give you a brief summary, there's a couple that lives together in this house and the sister of the husband is trying to kill him so she can inherit the property. Here's the kicker: the wife is pretending to be pregnant so that killing the husband wouldn't help since the inheritance would go to the child instead of the sister. It's getting intense.

Last weekend was pretty fun. I went to dinner with a family friend and he had some good advice and suggestions about how to proceed. Saturday I met a friend in Baltimore (he lives in Delaware and I'm staying in Virginia, so it was a good midpoint). It was nice to catch up and gossip about old co-workers.

As far as the job search, it's going kinda slowly. I've applied to roughly 20 positions and haven't heard anything.

----------------
Now playing: Kanye West - Good Life
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sumeet! "Banno Mein Teri Dulhan"? Your hooked on the soap! hehe Yea I was watching it too whenever I have time...Indian soaps are sooooooooo overacted! =) Miss ya!
~Brahama