Saturday, April 01, 2006

The 11-Hour Happy Hour

Yeah, that's the only way to do it.

We (ok, I) decided to have our happy hour on Friday instead of Thursday to accomodate some ex-co-workers who will be leaving town soon.  They can't make Thursdays, and I thought it'd be cool to hang out with them outside of work.

It was interesting, because they both came to a company lunch this week, and were like, "Yeah, it's not over yet.  I'll see you guys at happy hour on Friday!"  Little did they know that the people they told this to were never actually informed of the happy hour, and thus did not show up.  I don't think anyone really noticed, or if they did, didn't really seem to care.

We had a slightly different group of people this time, less than previous weeks mainly because it was a Friday and some people went of town for the weekend.  We ended up having the same waitress as the last time we went to the bar, and she seems to think we're a bunch of alcoholics ("Yall are here all the time!") even though it was only the second time we'd been there.  She was pretty pissed the second we walked in the door too.  Maybe because of bad memories from last time, or because we wanted to have 8 separate tabs.  Not sure, but she was really upset.  And I didn't make things any better by making rude, snide comments.  Or, as my friends would have you believe, being myself.

We hung out for a few hours, then moved over to the pool tables.  Our waitress over there was much nicer and cooler.

From this neighorbood bar (with a decidedly older crowd), it was time to hit up Addison.  Things from here on out get kinda fuzzy (ha!), but I do remember a lot of drinking and I believe we visited two bars in the area.  It was my first time having a Jagerbomb; that's some good stuff, kinda sweet, but goes down real easy.  It's always interesting to see the effects that alcohol has on different people.  One of my friends is going through a difficult time right now, and he got completely plastered.  It was great; he becomes real chatty - talking about anything that comes to mind.  Beautiful.

Yeah, so it lasted from about 6 pm (right after work) til about 4 am (when I finally arrived home after driving a friend's car from the bars back to the other parking lot).  Longest happy hour ever.

No comments: