Thursday, April 20, 2006

24

Yup, that's how old I am as of yesterday.

And what better way to forget that I'm getting older than to jam out to tunes at a piano bar along with my co-workers and friends? I can't think of one (except for maybe visiting the bar/nightclub we went to a couple of weeks ago to celebrate someone else's bday).

I was a little disappointed that they didn't play my Britney Spears requests and even went so far as to mock it. Ah well, it was still a lot of fun, and I think it was a good idea to go on a night when it wasn't so crowded (we were the only group there for the first hour and a half). Apparantly, on Fridays and Saturdays, the place gets packed and it's standing room only.

The performers personalized the songs for the audience too, and my name was inserted into lyrics for a lot of the songs (since it was my birthday). There was another girl (an attractive blonde) who also had the same birthday, but for some reason, they kept picking on me instead of her.

Some random guy also bought me a shot; not sure why or what it was (when I asked, it sounded like he said 'liquid colgate').

It was really fun though; lots of dancing, singing and drinking. Not a bad way to celebrate a birthday.

Oh, and they had me dress up in a wig and boa on stage.

No comments: