Saturday, December 02, 2006

11-hour Happy Hour (Dec 2006 edition)

Yeah, amazingly enough, we had another "11-hour" one back in April.

I'm surprised so many people came out (I counted about 23 total), considering the time and day had changed twice within a week (the time because I didn't realize it opened so late, and the day because of the crazy Dallas weather).

We started out the night with a pre-Happy Hour at the Fox & Hound across the street from work. Our ultimate destination was the Velvet Hookah, but it doesn't open until 7, so we had to kill some time. Pretty good crowd, had some people actually request to come, and had some other people come who almost never do.

Then, it was off to the Velvet Hookah. I told some people who were already there to get a table for 10-12, and somehow we got an entire room to ourselves. We turned out needing it though, as more and more people kept coming!

This is, by far, my favorite Happy Hour venue so far. You sit on the floor while smoking the hookah, and there's some great Middle Eastern music playing in the background. It's got an awesome ambience. Somehow, we ended up having more girls than guys. I believe that's the first time that's ever happened. Who knew girls loved the hookah? I sure didn't.

Oh, and I mentioned in a previous post that I always end up with way more pictures than I remember taking. Same thing happened last night. I figured I had maybe 50 on my camera, but it was more like 140. Good pics though.

As the happy hour died down, we went down to Greenville for a couple of hours and then finished off the night with some Taco Cabana.

The best part of the night was at TC when a friend thought he could jump through the open car window back into the car, missed completely and landed flat on his back outside. I think the rest of us in the car were just stunned that he would even attempt such a feat. Gotta love alcohol and the crazy stuff it'll make you do (and think you can do).

Definitely the most fun I've had in awhile.

My favorite phrases from the day:
"You're an asshole, Sumeet." (Agreed.)
"I love you." (Weird to hear the previous comment and this on the same day..)
"Sumeet hasn't said a word. He's being very un-Sumeet." (There was some drama on Greenville, and I didn't want to get involved. I still like to think I'm quiet in general though.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was drama on greenville? I was so drunk I barely remember greenville at all.