Thursday, March 29, 2007

As one door closes..

I officiailly put in my two weeks notice today.

I've worked here since I graduated from college back in 2004, so I think it's time to move on and see what other opportunities are out there.

The thing I'll miss the most about working here is definitely the fun people I've worked with.  Hopefully, everyone will still want to hang out and didn't see each other just because we all worked together.

Someone was saying the other day that it feels like the end of college, because everyone goes their own seperate ways and you don't really know what's going to happen.  In some ways, the company felt a lot like college, since everyone's young and, being a research company, we had a lot of different projects that we got to work on.

Also, like college, I don't feel that I learned a whole lot. The last few years could probably have been better spent working somewhere else.

I don't regret it, though, because I did get to meet some really good people and it was a good way to delay working for real.  But the fun is over, and it's time to join a company where results do matter and every minute wasted is a dollar gone.

It's time to enter the real world.

No comments: