Friday, April 20, 2007

Best Week Ever

My sister: Are you still at work?
Me: Yeah, but I'm about to leave in a bit to go to my party.
My sister: You're throwing your own birthday party?
Me: Yeah, but there's other people coming too.
My sister: Well obviously! You're not going to be sitting at home by yourself with a cake.
Me: And a birthday hat.
My sister: I love how the hat is crucial to the party.
---

Wow, this week has been ridiculously busy. I started my new job on Monday, and so far, it seems like it'll be a fun place to work with interesting projects. We're also looking to grow and move to another office so that be a fun change in the near future.

On Wednesday, I went with a few friends to the opening night of the musical Wicked (the story of the Wicked Witch of the West and why she became "evil"). I wasn't a fan of the book since nothing in it overlapped with the original Wizard of Oz. I read the book a long time ago, and don't remember a whole lot of it, but most of the second half of the musical seemed to be completely different than the book. It was for the better though, because they tied in Dorothy's story to a much greater degree. It was very well-done, too. I wish I had brought binoculars or gotten the headsets though. I couldn't hear a lot of the songs, and could never make out the faces of the singers (we were pretty far back). We were talking about it on the way home, and realized that they turned the entire story into a huge love story even though the original Wizard of Oz was just about Dorothy trying to get home.

Yesterday was my 25th birthday. Yeah, I'm getting old. But I'm still younger than a lot of my friends, so there's always that. The first part of the day was mostly uneventful, but then we went out to a bar where my friend won a "VIP" party, which basically was free appetizers and slightly cheaper drinks. We had an awesome turnout and the crowd was pretty different from last year so it was good times and definitely one of my better birthdays. It was also nice to see everyone again, since I hadn't seen most of them in about 2 weeks (or even longer for some of them).

No comments: