Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Reality TV

I thought I was over reality television, but I was wrong.

Last night, both The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll and American Idol were on.

Before last night's episode, I favored Melissa S because she did a really good job last week. Well, the episode changed my mind and I think I like Chelsea (the short girl who sings really well but can't dance). If she can work on her dancing, I think she may have a shot at winning the whole thing. Oh, and then there's Melissa R, the exotic girl who won immunity because she was the best backup dancer to the real Pussycat Dolls. I still find the whole premise of the show hilarious. It feels almost like a Chappelle's Show skit the way all the girls keep talking about how it's their dream to be a Pussycat Doll.

On American Idol, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that I like the (only) hot girl left, Haley. As Simon put it, "I like your tactic. Wear as little clothing as possible. You know you can't win on your vocals, since everyone here is a better singer than you." Maybe. But if I just wanted to hear people sing, I would turn on the radio. This is television, where you have to look good too. The best finals possible would be Sanjaya vs. Haley. Neither of them are great singers, and the reason they've made it this far is because of their looks. You read it here first.

No comments: