Sunday, April 15, 2007

Poker Fun

Normally I don't post about poker since it's pretty much the same thing every time: same people and you either go up or down by a little.

Last night was interesting though, since we had several new people come.

We had enough players last night that we split into two tables.

There was the big table with a lot of new players and the smaller table with all the regular players.  I was at the big table.  I like to think I have a fair amount of patience, but my god, some of the people were ridiculously slow.  We had one guy who seriously seemed like he was on something.  We talked about him after he left (as we tend to do), and others thought the same thing. Then there was the guy who's a semi-regular and is just incredibly slow and a little dumb. After you've played 4 or 5 times, you're not allowed to say that people need to "help you out."  Especially if you keep winning big pots.

It was definitely better to play on a Saturday than our weird Sunday night games, since you can play til whenever.  I think I left at like 2 am (we started around 7:30), and people were still playing.
~~~~
New guy (looking at a friend's Illinois t-shirt): You and I have a connection.
Friend: Uhhh, whatever signals you thought you were getting were being misinterpreted. We don't have a connection.
New guy: No no.. [Illinois basketball player] Carter went to the same middle school as me!

New guy #2: Hey Sumeet, am I big?
Me (looking away): Um, yeah, you're big blind.

Me: I didn't like that guy ______.
Friend: You don't like anyone.
Me: True.

No comments: