Thursday, October 25, 2007

Recovered!

I got my stuff back!

The detective called this morning (at the ungodly time of 7:45am) and told me that they recovered the laptop and I needed to come to claim it. So I went down to the station expecting to only get my computer (the one that this entry is being typed on) back.

But no! They recovered everything - the laptop, the Wii, the 12 games, and my camera. I originally told them that it was only 8-10 games and the detective at the station was a bit skeptical that all the games were mine.

I also didn't report my camera missing because I never checked to see if it was in my apartment. I was a little surprised to see it at the station and was even more nervous as to whether they'd let me take it since I didn't report it and didn't have any proof that it was mine. Luckily, there were still some pictures on the camera - with me in them - and my story checked out.
----
I'm not entirely clear on how they apprehended the theives (that word reminds me of pirates), but the officer said that several apartments had been hit on Monday. They found everything in a motel room and arrested the men who had stolen the stuff.

The amount of stuff that was stolen was ridiculous - 6-7 laptops, jewelry, cash, Wii, portable DVD player, Nintendo DS, ipod chargers, etc.

I'm just glad that I have my stuff back, and that the guys are behind bars.

Oh, and thanks to everyone for their advice and concern!

No comments: