Friday, October 19, 2007

Surface-level?

I went on a non-double date with a couple of girls and another guy. What's a non-double date, you ask. Well, what else would you call a group of 2 guys and 2 girls? I guess you could call it a group of friends, but I prefer my term.

Anyway, I thought it was going to be a chill night, but it ended up being a little crazy. We started out with a couple drinks at happy hour, then went to a comedy show (where we had a couple more), and then ended the night at one of my favorite places, Pete's Dueling Piano Bar.

The comedy show was an incredible deal - $5 for four comedians. Ironically, the headliner (Pablo Francisco) was the worst of the 4. One of the other openers also seemed to bomb on every one of his jokes. Apparently, the audience didn't watch the news or follow politics and that was his entire shtick.

All in all, a pretty fun night but I drank (and spent) too much and was feeling sick/drunk this morning and even into the afternoon. I wish we had gone on a non-weeknight.
------------
My friend said that my blog was "surface-level Sumeet" and that I don't reveal that much on here. That's probably true, but as more and more people read the blog, it gets harder to be honest - especially when you want to write about certain people that you know read it.

I almost want to start another blog that no one knows about. Then again, what would be the point if no one would read it? It's a bit of a dilemma.

No comments: