Thursday, July 17, 2008

Eye Doctor

Is it just me or are female doctors getting a lot hotter?

I went to get my eyes checked today for 2 main reasons. 1) I haven't gotten new eyeglasses in a really, really long time - close to 8 years. 2) It was free - my vision insurance covers eye exams, lenses, and a good amount of the cost of frames, so why not?

First the nurse (or the optometry equivalent of a nurse) ran a bunch of visual tests. The worst was when she put these eye drops and then ran this light DIRECTLY into my eye, mumbling something about how I wouldn't feel a thing. Well, I might not feel it, but I'm not about to let some strange light into my eye. Yeah, I think that test took longer than it should. Oh, and then she put some more eye drops before she left, saying that they would leave my pupils dilated. I wasn't really sure what that meant, but she managed to say that I wouldn't be able to see anything at a close distance for 3-4 hours. Um, but can I go back to work on a computer right after this? Of course, she said yes, but the answer was really no.. I had to push my laptop way back on my desk to even vaguely make out what was on the screen.

Then the (hot, blonde) doctor came in and ran pretty much the same tests as the nurse. It always amuses me that nurses spend more time and run more tests than doctors, and yet they get paid way less and get less respect.

It turns out I've developed a slight astigmatism, just like my sister and mom. It was weird finding out that my left eye is weaker than my right eye. I always have both eyes open. It's not like I drive or work with my left eye closed or something.. I wonder how that happened.

My friend from Delaware is visiting this weekend and my sister is coming back to the US (for good this time!) on Monday. We need to help her move to NYC sometime in the next couple of weekends, my Delawarean friend is coming back to DC in a few weeks, and my family bought tickets for this cheesy Bollywood program in Atlantic City at the beginning of August. For knowing so few people in the area, we somehow have a pretty busy schedule!

1 comment:

A.J. said...

I want to go to the bollywood thing!