Thursday, July 31, 2008

TV

Wow, I can't believe Chelsie was voted off of SYTYCD today. Even though I'm a fan of Courtney, I thought she didn't do as well as Chelsie last night.

Unfortunately, I think that the Asian chick is going to win it all, especially since I've heard the judges pick the ultimate winner. It's not that I don't like her because she's Asian. It's that I don't like her because she's unattractive.

It sucks that the tour is coming to Baltimore on a Monday.
----
Since the greatest show ever (aka Veronica Mars) has gone off the air and I already have all the DVDs, I needed a new show to watch and preferably one on DVD. Well, I remembered the short-lived but excellent dramedy called Wonderfalls that aired on Fox a few years ago and decided to buy it on amazon.

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed because I remember the show being a lot funnier (and the main chick being a lot hotter). It's kind of eerie to see the similarities between Wonderfalls and Veronica Mars though - both have a teenage girl as their main characters and very quick witty dialogue. And it's even stranger that I'm drawn to shows like this.

The show's about an Ivy League graduate who works in a Niagara Falls gift shop, and through some strange event, inanimate objects start telling her to do (usually bad, dangerous, and sometimes illegal/unethical) things.

What makes the show so creative and inventive is how the simple commands can be interpreted to mean different things. Well, that and the fact that her family is insane and she's usually reluctant to help anyone, ever.

No comments: