Monday, January 01, 2007

2007, what?

The last week or so has been a total blur. I recapped the Christmas festivities already, but after I got back on Wednesday, I went to a pre-wedding event in the evening. Then on Friday, it was off to Houston for the actual ceremony on Saturday.

I won't go into all the wedding details, but let's just say that it involved a helicopter, four horses, an elephant, and the bride getting arrested at the airport. Oh, and an ice sculpture with photos of the bride and groom frozen inside. It was awesome. The families spared no expense for their guests (including booking an entire hotel for the groom's side and a chartered bus from Dallas to Houston and back). As one person put it at the reception, "you treated your guests like royalty."

After getting back into town, I napped until my co-worker's NYE bash. The party was fucking awesome as well. Great party snacks, jello shots, beer, hard liquor, decorations everywhere. Hard to top the extravagant wedding, but it was definitely a fun party. A bunch of people arrived about ten minutes before the new year. Champagne shots all around at midnight. Good times.

Here's to 2007!

No comments: